Skip to main content
Payment calendarCheck mailed April 26Direct deposit May 1

Address change FAQ

Change your address online at myCalSTRS or complete the Address Change Request form and follow the instructions to submit the form to CalSTRS.

I have notified my employer of my address change. Why did my Retirement Progress Report go to the wrong address? 

School districts submit address changes in March and September. Your Retirement Progress Report might have been mailed before CalSTRS received your address change.

How do I change the address for my beneficiary? 

To change the address of your designated beneficiary, or any other information related to your beneficiary, you must complete a new Recipient Designation form and submit it to CalSTRS.

My partner and I are both CalSTRS members. Because our address is the same, can we file just one Address Change Request form? 

No. Each CalSTRS member must submit their own Address Change Request form unless they are under legal representation. Copies of these filings are maintained in each member’s permanent file.